Using the best low water pressure lawn sprinkler has just made keeping a lawn in pristine condition a lot easier. You can now keep your garden in tip-top shape by having these sprinkler heads.
Things to consider
Can you Afford it?
- There are several different low water pressure lawn sprinklers to choose from, but don’t go for one that’ll cost you a whole fortune.
- The minimum price you can avail a water sprinkler in is $8 to $10.
- Putting aside the water pressure your lawn provides, your lawn sprinkler should always have a decent water pressure, a minimum of 30 psi.
- If you compromise on the water pressure of the sprinkler head, it might not respond well under low water pressure conditions.
- This will prevent water from going too far off, leaving most of the grass of your lawn untouched, causing it to dry and die.
The size of your lawn
- The type of lawn sprinkler varies greatly with the size and shape of your lawn.
- Some lawn sprinklers work well for small gardens, while others may reach as far as to a 4000 square feet range, ideal for bigger ones. Consider the size of your lawn before buying a low-pressure water sprinkler.
- Always buy a durable water sprinkler that will last more than a few days, or months.
- Even though you can replace the damaged one, it’s hard to uninstall and then install a device again.
Easy to use and control
- It’s best always to buy one that is not only easy to use and control but is also ergonomic in nature.
Best Lawn Sprinkler for Low Water Pressure
Image Name Rating Price Orbit 58322 Travelling Sprinkler
☞ 3 water speed control
☞ Strong engine
4.5 Price on Amazon DRAMM 15075 Color-storm Spinning Sprinkler
☞ low 20 PSI water pressure
☞ 38 feet in diameter
4.4 Price on Amazon Rain Bird P5R Impact Sprinkler
☞ Works evenly with a timer
☞ Rotates in a circular manner
☞ Allows better coverage
4.4 Price on Amazon Aqua Joe Sprinkler
☞ 4,500 square feet of range
☞ 6 adjustable spray patters
4.3 Price on Amazon Metal Base Oscillating Sprinkler
☞ range of 3600 square feet
☞ Resistant to clog
☞ heavy-duty metal
4.3 Price on Amazon Gilmour Ring Sprinkler
☞ Weighs 3.2 ounces
☞ 900 square feet
4.2 Price on Amazon Irrigation System 360 Rotating Sprinkler
☞ 32 feet
☞ 28-32 feet
☞ 80 PSI
4.1 Price on Amazon Melnor 65003-AMZ
☞ Small oscillator
☞ 4000 square feet
4.1 Price on Amazon Kadaon Irrigation
☞ 360degrees rotation
☞ 3000 square feet
4.0 Price on Amazon
1. Orbit 58322 Travelling Sprinkler
- Has heavy cast iron construction
- Can cover a large area
- Distributes water evenly
- Can automatically shut off
- Extremely durable and is rustproof
- Has a 3-position water speed control
- But the slightest of obstruction will get the sprinkler stuck
- The coverage is adjustable
This low water pressure lawn sprinkler might be one of the top ones on the list. The greatest feature it has is to easily travel along a hose path that has any shape or length. This means that it can spray out water capable of covering area no matter how small or big with relative ease. Another big feature it has is it automatically shuts off once reached the end of its travel. Also, it provides a rotation while spraying that covers area in a more even manner. This sprinkler head is made of cast iron that is highly durable, and that will not rust easily.
Although many happy comments have come on this product, many to some people have had problems with the travelling aspect of this lawn sprinkler. Sure, it moves around, but you still have to do effort in replacing it in track every now and then. Other than that, the coverage area, the spray and the size is all perfect for a small yard. People who have admitted to be lazy enough to not water their grass timely have found this lawn sprinkler quite useful.
2. DRAMM 15075 Color-storm Spinning Sprinkler
- A low 20 PSI water pressure
- Covers an area of 38 feet in diameter
- Solid materials are used for manufacturing
- Durable for years
- Comes in 6 colors to choose from
- Sprinkler is made of aluminum and zinc, that prevents rust
- Is very stable
- Creates a beautiful spray pattern
with it’s 75 years of history in making water tools, Dramm has come up with this sprinkler that promises to provide good results to those having low pressure problems. Being able to cover a 38 feet diameter, a generous lawn will need more than one of these low-pressure sprinklers. The water pressure it works with can go to as low as 20 PSI. it has a spinning head fixed with a brass pin that has a ball bearing at the bottom. Having a sturdy base provides good stability, and the moldable hook helps in storing away during winters.
Those who have used this lawn sprinkler were so satisfied that some of them even bought another one for another side of their house. Also, one customer had a complaint about the sprinkler having a lifetime warranty after his broke down. The sprinkler was freely replaced. But overall, they thought it was best for areas having very low water pressure.
3. Rain Bird P5R Impact Sprinkler
- Works evenly with a timer
- Coverage angle is adjustable from 20degrees to 340degrees
- Rotates in a circular manner
- Allows better coverage
- Double brass weight holds down speed of rotation causing even water to reach around the lawn
- Has a removable bayonet nozzle for cleaning
- Made of plastic
Rain Bird Gizmo is quite famous for making water sprinklers. Those who know their way around in garden appliances would surely be relieved to find this name here. This product of Real Bird is made of plastic, which is a pre-purchase note one should take. This impact sprinkler moves in a circular manner, depending upon the pressure of the outgoing water. The Rain Bird P5R comes with an integrated diffuser screw that disperses the water into tiny droplets, allowing more coverage of the garden.
Those who have used this product had a little difficulty in adjusting the nozzle while the water was running out of it. Being inexpensive, it works perfectly well under a coverage area of 24 feet but might mess up when adjusted to a larger area. But those having a good water pressure say that this product worked with no negatives.
4. Aqua Joe Sprinkler
- Coverage of 4,500 square feet of range
- Has 6 adjustable spray patters
- Telescopic coverage
- Backed by Snow Joe customer promise
- Has a manual power source type
The first thing about this lawn sprinkler is the affordable price it has, earning its name as the best lawn sprinkler for low water pressure. It comes in 6 series pattern and has an HD feature, allowing it to rotate a whole of 360degrees for best coverage. These low water pressure sprinklers have an indestructible watering series that let you control the coverage around the lawn. It is made of a heavy-duty metal that is sure to last longer. You will not have to worry about not enough water pressure for sprinklers.
This product is said to be good and the warranty is just off the bat. There were some complaints about the product leaking and not staying put at place, but the overall performance is very good. The light weighted material sometimes comes in handy and sometimes might not be all that awesome. But the price is well met.
5. Metal Base Oscillating Sprinkler
- It is customizable
- Covers a range of 3600 square feet
- Resistant to clog
- Very stable
- Made of heavy-duty metal
- Works well in areas having low water pressure
- Can oscillate through 360degrees
This sprinkler is the best sprinkler for low water pressure with an indestructible metal base oscillator that increase water pressure for sprinkler. Having a 3600 square feet coverage, it may be the best lawn sprinkler for low pressure. It has 16-clog resistant nozzles that are adjustable in range and width. The stability is very good because of the extra-large solid metal base that ensures durability.
Customers have considered this low water pressure sprinkler head of much use except for the adjustable part. Also, the body may not be made of that much hard metal as said, but the alternate metal used is also stable. It is also nicely painted, and the width and range can also be controlled to some extent.
6. Gilmour Ring Sprinkler
- It is very easy to install
- Weighs 3.2 ounces
- It is not determined just how low the water pressure can be for this to work properly
- Ideal for small and circular lawns
- Provides coverage of up to 900 square feet
- Works well in areas having low water pressure
- Rust-proof polymer construction
- Has 3 rows of outlet for gentle coverage
This sprinkler is made up of polymer construction that shields it from rust and rain. It is a treat for anyone having a round garden that needs to stay green and healthy. it provides a coverage of 900 feet and a 34 feet diameter spray pattern. The 3 rows of outlet it has promises good performance in areas having low water pressure. But the circular pattern cannot be adjusted to anything otherwise.
Almost all the customers that have used this product absolutely loved it. Those with toddlers and those with small, circular lawns have found this lawn sprinkler indeed a great help. The only complaint is that the coverage is a bit less than that told, but the heavy-duty metal that helps it stay in place compensates for that drawback.
7. Irrigation System 360 Rotating Sprinkler
- Quite powerful with 360degrees rotating function
- Can evenly cover an area of about 32 feet with good power
- Provides good irrigation source not only for the grass in your garden, but also for trees and plants
- The spray distance is from 28-32 feet with a water pressure of 80 PSI that covers 3600 square feet
- It is very durable as made of thick ABS material that will last longer
Being light-weighted, this low water pressure sprinkler head is super easy to set up. The Irrigation 360 Rotating Sprinkler is available at a low price of $14, which is less than many other lawn sprinklers. What’s more, it has 12 different angle spray nozzles that effectively sprays water all around the garden evenly. You would say raindrops fall on the grass by this sprinkler head, that rotates a full of 360 degrees.
The customers have had great experience with this lawn sprinkler, though some have said that the lack of instructions made it a bit tricky to set up. It is best to water a small or medium-sized garden and the spray does not reach your neighbors. Even for a bigger garden, the area is covers is impressive and little kids can enjoy water sprays in hot summers.
8. Melnor 65003-AMZ Oscillating Sprinkler
- Small oscillator
- Has a massive coverage of 4000 square feet
- Infinity turbo drive motor that ensures a smooth operation
- Adjustable in 4 different ways
- Easy to hook up and easy to disconnect
- It isn’t as sturdy as the rest of its competitors
- it is backed with the Melnor limited lifetime
The Melnor 65003-AMZ Mini-Max oscillating lawn sprinkler is a dream come true for this who have a small lawn, and do not want to waste any water. The best thing it can possibly provide you with is the adjustable height, pressure, and width of the spray. This is a feature not many other sprinklers are able to provide you with. Setting it up only takes a few minutes, despite the fact that there is not manual. Once set, it is easy to adjust and performs well.
Almost all the customers are highly satisfied with this product. It is perfect for watering oddly shaped yards with difficult 20 by 40 sections. It may not come with a manual but is very easy to set up and adjust. Moreover, customers are happy with the many task options it provides. It’s indeed a homerun many people have been looking for.
9. Kadaon Irrigation System Lawn Sprinkler
- has an unbeatable price
- is ideal for small and medium sized lawns
- Made of ABS and plastic that ensures durability
- Adjustable density, volume, and flow of water
- Has a 360degrees rotation
- Works well even in low water pressure
- It does not have any warranty
- Easy to use
- Covers an area of 3000 square feet
This product is a 2 in 1 garden accessory for watering your garden in low pressure, as well as acting as a good toy for children to play in. despite being small in size, it hoots out water from 9 different points, spraying far as wide giving an impression of a water dance. Not to expensive, this lawn sprinkler covers a large area in less time even when not enough water pressure for sprinklers is provided.
This device was judged by its light weight and small size when took out of the package. But those who have experienced its working are absolutely shocked about how this lawn sprinkler works so well in such a low price. Other than that, the spray pattern it provides is very beautiful and reaches out to just the right range.
The main point is, that everything has its own strengths and weaknesses. The low water pressure you’re providing, the durability, and most of all, the price, are all that really matter. You have to know what your lawn demands and how much you’re willing to spend on it before making a decision. Hopefully, after reading this article, choosing the best lawn sprinkler for your garden will become easier.
What is the best sprinkler for low water pressure?
If you ask me, I’d say the Dramm 15075 color-storm is the best of all. It has a detailed description and details that allow the buyer to know what it’s like. It also allows a choice of colors to be made from.
How do I increase water pressure in my lawn sprinklers?
Try a bunch of things. Remove a few water sprinklers and place a cap on the plumbing. Try decreasing the number of sprinkler heads to increase the water pressure, or install a booster pump on your main irrigation line.
What water pressure is needed for sprinklers?
The average water pressure in homes and businesses under which most water sprinklers operate is between 30 psi and 50 psi.
Does changing pipe size affect pressure?
Yes. If you narrow down the diameter of the pipe, that will provide kore pressure to the water sprinkler and vice versa.
How to increase water pressure?
Make sure your hose is fixed. Then, try to increase the pressure in the source of the water, the pipe. Try fixing a boost pump, or narrow down the diameter of the pipe to increase pressure.