Not so long ago the hunting process was said to be difficult for hunters as they had to locate themselves on treetops properly using heavy gear. Including a long ladder and a metallic heavy base to support them.
Not only was this method somewhat old fashioned and unprofessional in a wild environment but a pain in your back due to the amount of extra time is added for your journey. Explained well by the extra ladder which you had to carry all along.
Then in recent times came the ultimate climbing tree stands to aid the process of modern hunting. These climbing tree stands include a combination of, metal, rope, and wood while in their manufacturing. So, without further waiting let us see how these strong tree stands can be used.
- The first step to note while using a climbing tree stand is choosing a perfect length tree. In the forest, you would find a humongous number of trees that would dazzle you and your hunting technique but the tree with an optimal height and base would be hard to find.
- A perfect height tree would help you to maintain a safe height for hunting.
- While also giving the advantage of providing a safe position while you hunt.
- The second step for the tree stand is adjusting the safety which easily helps you to move up the tree and then wraps itself around your back from the waist.
Related Article: Climbing Tree Stand for Bow Hunting
- Do not under any circumstance forget to wrap them tight around you during hunting otherwise, the after-effects may be severe.
- Thirdly, when using the climbing stand dig the stand properly against the tree from both the top and bottom. This makes sure that you are on an average height from the ground to progress further up with your stand.
- Then, as recommended by professional hunters stand at the center of your tree stand and slowly start pushing it upwards while keeping your hands tightened on the treetop.
- After you have climbed onto your tree stand slowly start to use your feet to move the tree stand along with you. As a word of advice, you should use a slow and steady approach here.
- Thirdly, when using a climbing tree stand an important thing to take into account is adjusting the bottom of the stand with the top.
- This helps a lot for the off chance that you may fall on your back. If your tree stand is not properly secured from the top.
At the last as you are progressing upwards along the tree on your tree stand you may need to cut off some branches erupting from the tree to maintain an obstruction free path. This helps you to get a good angle for firing and increases your stealth for your hunting.